On Monday, we were going to paint our bedroom walls. What started out as a straightforward project is now a full-blown undertaking. ATM started spackling problem spots and I was about to begin laying painters tape on the molding when we realized that if we wanted to do a job well done, then we'd have to paint the ceiling AND the molding before painting the walls because it appears the previous owner did not lay down tape, or pretty much do anything properly in this house ever, and got that ugly paint everywhere. It's infuriating. Every project here is contingent on our fixing the mistakes of the past. Pish. Anyway, it'll be so rewarding when we are done. And every time we do something to this house, I love it more. You just wait and see. We will turn this little house into something else.
Here is our inspiration.

The current hue, what we call nicostained, makes the light very weird and disorienting. The lighter color will definitely correct the lighting situation and our mood. And I am very happy that we're even paying any attention to our bedroom, since there are so many other things around here that needs to be fixed, replaced, or remodeled.
If we have time, we will start dismantling the cabinets over the stove. I've stopped making weekend plans for the time being so we can hang around to work on this old house. I'm glad to do it.
Tet is on Monday, the 23rd, but we'll be celebrating this Sunday at the temple. As usual, I'm looking forward to it. Year of the Dragon. Collin won't be accompanying us, which saddens me. I've gone with Collin more than anyone and we've gone for many years. At any rate, I really hope that erryone has a crackin' good new year!



1 comment:
I can't wait to see pictures of the results post hard work.
Post a Comment